Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the windows and doors made in Australia?
Yes, our windows are manufactured in our solar powered factory in Wodonga, Victoria
- Will you take away my old windows?
Yes, we remove your existing windows and work with transfer stations to recycle the old windows as much as possible
- Do you have a large range of colours?
Yes, our colour range can be viewed in the products section, you can also 2-pak paint to any colour you like. Our colour range for our systems can be found in this document https://ultimatewindows.com.au/colour-selection/. Please note that not all colours are available in all frame systems.
- What is the turn around time?
Turn around times vary, it is best to talk to your sales representative from your local area. We aim to have your windows to you in the shortest turnaround possible.
- How do they stand up to Australia’s high levels of UV? Does it fade?
This is the main reason we chose Deceuninck! Deceuninck have the highest amount of UV stabilising Titanium DiOxide in their uPVC extrusions of all the Australian suppliers. They have had windows in the Middle East for over 50 years and windows in Australia for over 30 years and have been tested for UV stability at the Alunga testing facility
- Do the windows and doors come with flyscreens?
Yes, we have flyscreens options for all our windows and doors, most windows and sliding come standard with our own ‘Ultimate’ flyscreens
- Can I have security screens
Yes, most windows and doors can have security screens as an option
- Are the windows and doors BAL rated?
Yes, some of our windows and doors are rated to BAL40 with most rating up to BAL29 (with minimum glass thicknesses and metal screening)
- I’m building a Passive style house. Can you help?
We sure can! We manufacture the Passive House certified Deceuninck Legend system in our Wodonga factory and have completed several Passive House certified (and non-certified) jobs in Australia
- Does the glass have argon gas?
Yes, all our glass has Argon gas as standard (and doesn’t cost any extra)
- Can I recess the door sill flush?
Yes, we have many floor recessing options
- What is the warranty?
We are so sure of the quality of our windows we have increased our warranty out to a industry leading 12 years!
- Is there any other hardware options/types/styles and what are the colours?
We have several hardware options and colours available.
- What do people do for blinds on Tilt & Turn windows?
Generally customers either use honeycomb blinds (eg Nordic Blinds) or house a blind or curtains over the pelmets to clear the windows opening functions.
- Does everything have a key lock and are they keyed the same?
Yes, all the same window and door types have the same keys
- What is the difference between uPVC and Aluminium?
Both are the frames for windows, but one is 5,000 times better at transferring heat from outside to inside your home. Bit of a no-brainer as to why uPVC is used in more than 55% of residential window sales worldwide. We’re just a bit slow to catch up in Australia!